Tahini Swirl Brownies by Jessica Sepel
TAHINI SWIRL BROWNIES
These sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free Tahini Swirl Brownies are so good… You won’t even believe they’re healthy! Raw cacao powder and rich dark chocolate are full of antioxidants and magnesium, plus coconut flour and chia seeds give an extra boost of healthy fats and omega-3s, making this a sweet treat that’s equally nutritious and delicious! Enjoy as a healthy 4-5pm snack or after dinner treat!
Makes: 8-10 slices
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup tahini, plus extra 1 tbsp to swirl
- 1/4 cup maple or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate (85%), chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl then add coconut flour and raw cacao powder and stir to combine.
- Add tahini, maple or rice malt syrup, almond milk and chia seeds and mix until just combined. Stir through chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a lined baking tin. Add dollops of extra tahini and then running a knife through the dollops, create a swirl.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
You can read the entire interview with Jessica Sepel